Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I love a free lunch...

I work at one of the greatest places on earth. My bosses (I have 3) are all aware of my goal of getting out of debt. In fact one of them inspired me to start this process to begin with. They have been extraordinarily supportive and are always offering thoughts and ideas and free lunches to me to help me get through this.

Yup - free lunches. I LOVE free lunches.

Today's free lunch was CPK. A new California Pizza Kitchen opened up at Val Vista and Baseline, which isn't too far from my office. My finance boss is working on closing out the month of November and I'm helping him out today. Because of this, he purchased lunch for the 3 of us doing this.

I think I can do CPK every day of the week. Nothing like that Thai chicken pizza to put me in a largely happy mood...

And when I don't have to pay for it?!? Fuhgetaboutit!

PS: You may have noticed that I'm always happy when I'm discussing food. All kinds of food really. I have to mention there are so many other things that bring me joy and happiness, but during this getting-out-of-debt process, the small things (like the tasty foods mentioned) are what do it for me.

It's probably why I'm so svelte and lean...

3 comments:

Erin said...

Love CPK, and having it for free is the best!

Amy said...

YuMMo! I didn't know it was open. Speaking of free lunch, how about another one on me?? You name the time and place, I'll pay. It will be our last hooooorah for VT. (Maybe we could invite Leigh, just for old times sake). Let me know

darbs said...

go tara! we are working on our debt too, ug, it's so painful, but really rewarding to make progress! good luck!!!!! be strong! darby