Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm goin' to Mexico!

My wunnerful employer Infusionsoft has a President's Club that is for all of our sales team. If they exceed their goals and/or quotas for the year, they join the President's Club and get to go on a spectacular trip.

This year the trip is an all expense paid trip for two to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, on May 13-17, 2009.

Each year, the President's Club invites one person from each department to join them for this trip. They announced the winners this past Friday and one of the names they read was Tara LaRue.

How 'bout 'dat?

I've never traveled out of the country and have never done something swanky like this and I simply CAN NOT wait! I've invited my sister Andrea (mother of seven children) to come along as my guest. We're both like little kids in planning for this thing.

Funnily enough, Andi used this as a teaching point for her kids. She and I shared a bedroom our entire lives, since her birth (1972) until she left for college in 1990. We still like each other a whole lot and enjoy being friends as well as sisters. Andi told her children (particularly two of her girls who share a room and don't really enjoy it) that if they would get along, maybe one of their siblings would taken them to Mexico some day. Not sure it stuck.

But it sure cracked me up.

And hey - I'M GOING TO PUERTO VALLARTA!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

And I am going with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! You deserve it. You did seem has a skip in your step on Sun! I think it is awesome that you are taking your sis. I truly hope that my girls stay BFF's the way they are now!

Cassie and Chad said...

Ya did you mention that YOU were the nice one to your sister, that your sister (Andi) was not very nice to her sister (me) and that she cannot use that to teach her children because I will tell them otherwise and they will know the TRUTH!!!

By the way I want to know the details of the trip, where are you staying, for how long and what is included!!!! Congrats Tara!!!! (Though you chose the WRONG sister)

Cassie and Chad said...

Oh and by the way that is not from Raegan and Kalli I just can't figure out how to change it back to me.

Bret said...

Felicidades! That's Spanish for Congratulations. I figure you'll need a lesson or two before you head down to Mexico. But serioulsy I am so glad you get to go. You do so much for our department and the entire company. You definitely deserve it and I hope you have an incedibly wonderful time!

Allyson & Jere said...

Well, GOOD FOR YOU! I'm so excited for BOTH of you! I'm sure you will have the most amazing time ever!