Saturday, May 9, 2009

My President's Club Trip

Back in February, I announced that I was the winner of a spot on our President's Club trip to Puerto Vallarta.

As many of you know (and if you don't know - you must have been hiding under a rock or sumptin'), the swine flu has been a problem, here in the U.S., but especially in Mexico.

The Executive team at my work decided they didn't want to put their employees through a possible risk of infection, so they decided to change the location of the trip.

I AM NOW GOING TO MAUI.

Less than two weeks away was when this decision was made, so they had a fun time trying to find and secure flights to Maui for 60+ people, figure out where all these said people were going to stay, what they were going to do, etc. It took nine months to plan Puerto Vallarta, they had 12 days to plan Maui. And plan it they did!

We are leaving this coming Tuesday, May 12, 2009, on the 9:30 a.m. flight. We will have a layover in San Francisco, then be on our way to Maui, arriving there around 2:30 p.m. Hawaii time (which is three hours earlier than Arizona time).

I am so stinkin' excited I can't see straight (again, if you didn't know how excited I was about this through my Facebook status updates, then SERIOUSLY, how BIG is that rock you've been hiding under anyway?!?). It has been a blast planning this trip with Andrea and figuring out what to wear, swimsuits and flipflops and coverups to get, how many books to bring, what activities we want to do, etc.

She and I have decided all we really want to do is go there and stay on the beach and read and listen to our iPods and have no one call Andrea Mom for four whole days. We'll probably do some other stuff since my company also provided some cash for us to spend while we're there.

They really do treat me well and I can't say enough nice things about the company I work for (Infusionsoft), who I work for, and who I work with. Talk about being truly blessed.

Anyway, I promise to take lots and lots of pictures and write about my trip when I get back (our flight gets in to Phoenix on Sunday May 17, 2009, at 10:30 a.m. - only bad thing about this trip is it's an overnight flight home).

A L O H A ! ! !

2 comments:

Don and Sandy said...

You gals go and have a great time. You deserve it!Relax and don't worry about a thing. Your dad is better-hooray! HAVE FUN!!!

Amy said...

I'm so excited for you. Have tons of fun!