Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year's everyone. I hope your 2008 is happy and successful and, well, just really good.

My new year's resolutions (which to be quite honest, I have NEVER done before) are these:

1. Pay off my credit card ($5,000)
2. Pay off my car ($8,300)
3. Pay down significantly my line of credit
4. Start to really look for a property to purchase (probably not until the very end of the year)

5. Lose weight

Had to put that last one in there 'cause I hear it's the law.

Putting these down really make me accountable to do them. I can REALLY use any and all encouragement, as I've been getting rather discouraged a lot lately 'cause it's just so much and I don't have enough to make it go away.

Anyway, here's to you and yours for a phenomenal 2008!

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Tara...just so you know, I'm inspired to get us out of debt because of you! I'm trying to figure some magic fix to our budget but really it all comes down to cutting out what we don't need and living within our budget! It is super frustrating for me as well and has tempted me several times to go find a job! I'm proud of you and that you would post your new goals! Way to go! You'll be so rewarded for these effots I just know it!
love,
~Nikki Morris

Amy said...

GO GO GO TARA. Don't stop now. You are inspiring people everywhere. You should be on Oprah. And just keep that end goal in sight! It will feel sooooo good when you get there. And lets be honest, there's way to many people out there who will kick your rear if you quit!

Cassie and Chad said...

Tara don't give up you really are closer than you think. You deffinately are inspiring. Keep up the good work, I know you can do it!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

It's going to be a big year for you! I'm proud of you... keep at it! Love you!!

gibbez said...

Tara you're doing great! Just take it one month at a time. Don't look at the whole of it. If you're better off this month than last, you're doing it. It doesn't matter the speed we are going, it's the direction we are headed.

Anonymous said...

Tara, you can totally do this. Never lose sight of your goal and you will be amazed at what you will achieve.

Natalie said...

Tara, you are so cool! I totally understand the weighty feeling of trying to overcome a seemingly unsurmountable task (ask me about school sometime!) but your resolve to do what you are doing makes me feel like I can reach my goals too! I know that you can do it! And just as good, maybe even better, than being out of debt, at the end you will be able to say to yourself, "Self, look what we did! AMAZING!"

grandmarosie said...

Keep up the good work Tara. You know what you have to do. I admire your determination. GO GIRL!! Now do you have any good advice on how to lose weight? Tee Hee If you come up with one please let me know.

"Thick in the Middle"

Andrea said...

Is the Rosalie who commented my mother-in-law? How do you rate? She has never commented on my blog, I wonder if she even knows my address? Anyway, it has been a while since we have heard from you. I know what is going on with you, but others don't.