Monday, January 28, 2008

Farewell...


After hearing the news last night, I kept thinking about the wonderful reunions he was having in heaven, especially with his sweet wife Marjorie.

I dearly love President Hinckley and will miss him and his absolute wisdom.

From his own words:

"This is a time to be strong.

"It is a time to move forward without hesitation, knowing well the meaning, the breadth and the importance of our mission.

"It is a time to do what is right regardless of the consequences that might follow.

"It is a time to be found keeping the commandments.

"It is a season to reach out with kindness and love to those in distress and to those who are wandering in darkness and pain.

"It is a time to be considerate and good, decent and courteous toward one another in all our relationships. In other words, to become more Christlike."

3 comments:

Cassie and Chad said...

As I was reading those words I could hear him say them. What a beloved man! He truly has left a mark on all society. He will be greatly missed, now our prayers need to go toward Pres. Monson can you image what he might be feeling...

Nikki said...

I love the quotes you posted from Pres. Hinckley! I believe he was the most beloved Prophet! My kids were sad and aksing lots of questions about it last night. I love that we are able to use this as a teaching lesson as well. Loved your thoughts!

Amy said...

I agree Nikki. We had our FHE about him and his accomplishments last night. He was an amazing man and will truly be missed. However, I'm like you Tara. Sunday night, I just kept thinking about the celebration that was going on in heaven!