Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Stupid Bank of America

I'm so frustrated I could scream. I did a little when I was alone in my car yesterday.

As you all know, I have a line of credit with Bank of America. It's my biggest form of debt with the highest percentage rate (18.99%). Because of this, even though I've been paying on it for about a year now, It's only gone down about $1,500 (I pay $730 a month - zoiks, I know). This percentage rate is killing me and my plan.

So about once a month, I call Bank of America to see if they're willing to lower my percentage rate. Yesterday was the first time they patched me through to someone else besides the initial person who answers the phone. This was encouraging since it was the first time they've done this.

The person I spoke with asked me what I wanted - I told her I wanted and needed a lower interest rate to be able to pay off this loan more quickly. She asked me if I was planning on using any more of the money from it. I told her no. She then asked permission to pull my credit report. Okay. She did and came back stating my debt ratio was too high and therefore they couldn't grant me the smaller percentage rate.

How does this make any sense?!?

I told her my debt ratio is large because of the single LOC I have with them. My other two forms of debt are rather small amounts and this large amount remains large because of the huge interest rate. I told her I've never been late on a payment, in fact pay extra and have an impeccable history with them. Her response: "I'm sorry ma'am, your debt ratio is too high." That's all she said and wouldn't give any other answers. I hung up on her. I probably shouldn't have I know - but they're just STUPID.

I was livid yesterday, and as I type this, I'm getting angrier by the second.

Stupid Bank of America.

I will call again and ask for a manager or supervisor.

I HATE this stuff...

1 comment:

Cherai said...

Tara have you tried getting a different card and transfuring the balance. You can get a really low rate doing that. I had a card that was 9% and I transfered it to my Sams Club credit and it was only at 3% for the life of the balance. No tansfer fees either.