Tuesday, November 27, 2007

She's baaaaaaaaaaack.........

Hey y'all (in my best Paula Deen impersonation) - I'm back from New York. Loved every minute of it, most especially getting to visit with my parents. It was a really great trip, and I have to be honest. I spent some money. $14.50 to be exact. For only the best chocolate cake known to mankind:



Apparently this delightful grocery store called Wegman's had a contest for the best chocolate cake recipe. The winner received compensation (I think) and Wegman's bought the rights to use that recipe and make it their own. Boy oh boy, going off of my debt diet (and other diets) for this thing was oh so worth it.

I can't believe I just said that.

But I really meant it (smile).

Oh, and by the way, only 4 weeks from today until Christmas. In case you weren't aware...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your spendings with me. I second the yumminess of that cake. I just had a few more bites... um. BUT soy milk doesn't cut it with it.

SO glad you are home. I always miss you when you are gone!

kristen said...

Yum! And I think Paula would approve.

Cassie and Chad said...

OK I am so so so jelouse! Not only do I LOVE chocolate cake but the time you spent with mom and dad, wow lucky you!

Amy said...

I love those pictures of you in NY. I'm so glad you got to so and do that. As for the cake, if you don't spend a LITTLE every once in a while, you might loose your mind. I can think of nothing better to splurge on than Chocolate cake!

Anonymous said...

You are so darn cute!!! I am so glad you had fun. I can't wait to take Bret to NY sometime... if he would want to go there. I think he would love it!

ps. did you bring me back any of that cake cuz i think i need some right now :)